Fun Facts About Animals
- An ant's sense of smell is as good as a dog's.
- A horse has 18 more bones than a human.
- Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump.
- Giraffes have no vocal cords.
- Cats can hear ultrasound.
- The world's smallest mammal is the Bumblebee bat of Thailand, weighing less than a penny.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
- Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms everyday.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Honeybees have hair on their eyes.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- A kangaroo can't jump unless it's tail is touching the ground.
- Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.
- When a Dalmatian is born it is pure white.
- A skunks smell can be detected by a human a mile away.
- A baby gray whale drinks enough milk to fill more than 2,000 bottles a day.
- A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
- A garter snake can give birth to 85 babies.
- 6:00 p.m. is bedtime for a typical gorilla.
- A good silk necktie requires 110 silkworm cocoons.
- Birds don't sweat.
Back to top
The Top Five Secrets To Saving
If you follow these simple tips on saving, you might end up having more money that your parents!
- Every time you get money, save some of it. Saving regularly is one of the many secrets to success. Make saving something that you try to do on a weekly basis.
- Save your money in a safe place. The safest place for your money is in the Credit Union but you can't make it in make sure that you put it in a place that only you will look. Your pocket is not a good idea.
- Know why you are saving. Establish goals for why you are saving. Are you saving so that you can go to college or maybe that new game at Wal-mart. What ever the reason, set some goals for why you are saving that way when you reach your goal you can celebrate.
- Make your money work for you. Did you know that your money can make money? It can! If you don't have a savings account, start one at the credit union. Your deposits will help you to earn interest.
- Spend wisely. Last but not least, know how to carefully spend your money. Choose what you buy carefully. Do you really need what ever it is that you have in your hands? If you don't need it then don't waste your hard earned money.
Back to top